Class sizes are limited; We request at least 24 hours notice to secure a seat, since horse exercise & shipping schedules are planned ahead; Cancellations with 24-hour written notice by email to email@example.com can be rescheduled or refunded.
- Please submit waiver and payment at time of registration, or may incur late fees, or refusal of service.
- Safety Policies:
- General Waiver of Liability which will be good for the duration of this year;
- If you are not vaccinated for Covid 19, then you must protect yourself and others - Face mask AT ALL TIMES - we will not have masks available for visitors
- Sanitize hands upon arrival
- Bring your own safety helmet - we will not have loaner helmets available.
- Stay home if you are not feeling well.
- Groom Fee (see below) after 3rd lesson unless you can tack for yourself.
All outdoor polo is subject to weather conditions; if the event can't take place due to the occurrence of prohibitive weather conditions, notification and a refund will be provided.
Polo Lessons, Intro Clinics, Private Polo & Riding Lessons, Club Arena Chukkers and Private Group Experiences take place at Newport Polo's private outdoor arena & training facilities in Portsmouth (not at Glen Farm) during the spring, summer and autumn, and indoors in winter, in Seekonk, MA. All lessons and visits to the premises are by appointment only. Directions are provided upon completed registration.
Polo instruction, for adults and youth aspiring to take up the sport, is typically conducted in small classes, as the ideal format to apply newly learned skills within the context of actual play. Group polo lessons are limited (max. of 6 students) to allow for individual attention. Lessons proceed at the pace of the students. Private lessons are available seasonally. Each lesson includes an hour of mounted instruction on horsemanship and the rules and mechanics of playing polo. Group lessons conclude with a scrimmage.
Brochure for seasonal schedule and details about our lesson programs.
Private Group Team Building Experiences are customized to suit each group's requirements and schedule. Download Brochure.