Newport Polo's Security Marshal is responsible for coordination of gate agents, police detail and security personnel, situation response, enforcing site policies, safety, security and order, assisting with traffic direction, and monitoring access and egress during the public exhibition matches of the Newport International Polo Series.
Typical Responsibilities Include
- Coordination and communication with Police Detail;
- Situation Response Coordination: relaying information between management team and police detail; dispatching necessary personnel to required location and ensuring appropriate response;
- Direct traffic at Main Gate to maintain flow and minimize delays;
- Supervise perimeter security detail to ensure prevention of unauthorized entries;
- Provide directions and orientation for arriving/departing food trucks and specialty vendors;
- Unauthorized Parked Car Resolution;
- Emergency response: contacting police or fire/medical, coordinate first responder arrival with event day personnel, and direct to needed locations;
- Daily Report;
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory role with security and order responsibilities, preferably in a setting that works with a management team, and a plus if also experienced in live event setting;
- Ability to maintain calm composure in all situations, and follow protocol for conflict resolution;
- Management skills, able to prioritize, delegate, and follow through in resolutions, and creative problem-solver;
- Excellent verbal communication skills;
- Physical fitness to carry out responsibilities in large outdoor venue, which requires extended periods of walking and standing in variable outdoor weather conditions;
- Mobile electronic technology skills are a plus;
Well qualified candidates should be friendly, outgoing, and committed, excellent observation skills, and the ability to work in a high-volume, outdoor environment. Candidates must have leadership skills, work well with others, and maintain a professional disposition when interacting with authorities, patrons and other team members. The position requires responsible individuals who are dedicated to maintaining order and safety.
Negotiable based on skills and experience.
Hours & Availability
Typical hours are Saturday, 2:00PM - 8:00PM (1:00PM - 7:00PM in September). Candidates must be available June - September.
To apply, please complete the online application here.
Print application is available here to complete by hand and email to email@example.com, or fax to (401) 846-0200.