Venue Team Manager
Venue Team Manager
Newport Polo's Venue Team Manager is the lead member of the Venue Team, and supervises the Venue Team throughout the afternoon cycle of game day duties at the polo grounds for the Newport International Polo Series, transitionaling through pregame preparations, in-game event responsibilities and concluding duties.
- Supervise Venue Set Up and Breakdown by directing the team to task completion according to the outlined itinerary and ensuring work is completed to a high standard.
- Lead Pavilion seating setup by ensuring necessary area prep & cleanup is completed, furniture is placed according to seating chart, tables and chairs are wiped down, centerpieces and tablecloths are positioned for host/hostess team, and any additional furnishings/supplies required for private events and Après Polo are in place.
- Coordinate Venue Team activities with other event day managers to assign duties as needed to assist with various operations.
- Assign Venue Team in-game duty stations and monitor progress.
- Ensure cleanliness of the venue throughout the event by coordinating regular trash collection as necessary.
- Lead post-event breakdown, including flag storage, Pavilion furniture storage, and trash collection.
- Minimum 2 years work experience - event set up/breakdown, facilities management, groundskeeper, or related is preferred.
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must be willing to work in outdoor setting in varying summer weather conditions.
Well qualified candidates should be experienced in leading a small team, service-oriented, motivated and able to work cooperatively with other managers. This position requires a team player who is responsive to immediate requests and able to quickly prioritize tasks by order of importance. The ideal candidate is responsible, committed, and punctual, and has the ability to keep a team on task to complete work on schedule.
Hours & Availability
Typical hours are Saturday, Noon - 9:00PM (11:00AM - 8:00PM in September). Candidates must be available June - August/September.
To apply, please complete the online application here.
Print application is available here to complete by hand and email to email@example.com, or fax to (401) 846-0200.