Newport Polo is offering employment experiences for candidates pursuing careers in equine management/science, with a desire to learn through hands-on experience in a full-service polo operation. This position provides the opportunity to improve horsemanship, and farm operation skills in a supportive environment with continued training from Newport Polo’s professional staff.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Tacking horses for polo lessons, practices, and games
- Exercising horses
- Tack cleaning
- Facility cleaning
- Feeding & nutrition management
- Basic medical care of Horses
- A passion for working with large animals, and interest in equine and/or farm management
- Basic understanding of horse care, including handling, grooming, and tacking
- Attention to detail and ability to follow instructions are paramount
- Ability to work well in teams, and interact with polo students, club members, and guests
- Candidates must be able to provide their own transportation to and from facility in Portsmouth, RI, and all other travel expenses;
- Candidates must be 16 years or older, with documentation of legal US work status;
- Professional level riding ability; instruction in polo horse exercise regimen included in training;
Hourly based on experience
Hours & Availability
Seasonal hours are available in Spring, Summer, and Autumn. Full-time, or part-time schedule with flexible hours. Saturdays and Sundays are required.
To apply, please complete the online application here.
Print application is available here to complete by hand and email to email@example.com, or fax to (401) 846-0200.