For information about hosting an event at Newport Polo, please review our guidelines for private parties and call 401-847-7090 or contact us to discuss your requirements.
- If you wish to furnish tickets to a group, we recommend purchasing the tickets at least two weeks in advance of event to allow enough time to mail the tickets, and for Host to distribute to guests.
- All guests must present proper admission ticket at entry gates; no admission without ticket. Guest lists can not be accommodated at the entry gates, and tickets may not be left at Will Call.
- Ticket Refund available if cancellation of match occurs prior to start of match (due to inclement weather)
- Ideal for family event; children of age 15 & younger are free
- Host is responsible for reserving the appropriate number of Tailgate Parking spaces for group
- Open lawn seating areas and bleacher areas may not be reserved
- For a tent larger than 10' x 12', party must obtain a tent license from the Town of Portsmouth and express permissin from Newport Polo for location of tent/stakes.
- For purchases of 10 or more tickets, we require purchase at least 2 weeks prior to the event in order to send tickets to host for distribution to guests. All guests must present ticket at the gate for admission; guest lists cannot be accomodated.
- Ideal for adult event
- Table reservation requires a minimum purchase of 8 tickets for tables on the Lawn, and 6 tickets for tables on Porch, Deck and under tent.
- Group Limits: maximum of 150 people including children, based on availability
- Tables include floor length white linens, and floral centerpieces; Party may add own decoration to tables
- 40’x60’ white tent with side panels, is elevated above Lawn and Porch levels for unobstructed viewing of match and grounds. Exclusive or shared use, based on availability
- Bar service with wait staff provided by Newport Polo – bar menu available to make advanced selections; advanced notice is helpful to ensure your specifications. For parties of 40+, a private waiter will be required at the standard rate.
- No outside beverages permitted within Subscribers Enclosure
- Bar tab payment by cash, credit card or corporate check at close of tab
- Food Catering at Party’s arrangement
- Subscribers Enclosure host will assist guests to Party's reserved tables
- Deposit of 50% required upon selection of date to secure table reservation
- Balance of tickets must be purchased from Newport Polo, at least two weeks in advance of event to allow enough time for Party to distribute to guests
- Each space accommodates up to 15 people
- a standard passenger car; guest parking in nearby general parking
- Spaces 1-50 can accomodate an additional car park directly behind first car, but for maximum-sized groups, second car should be eliminated to reduce overcrowding.
- General Admission is NOT included.
Food and Beverage
- All food or catering to be arranged by Host, using the provider of their own choosing
- Tom's Market of Coventry is Newport Polo's event caterer of choice. Call Glen Place 401-826-0050 or email:Tomsmarket@aol.com and website:www.Tomsmarket.com
- Grillmasters is on location for walk-up concessions or party platters for advanced orders:(401) 683-4155.
- Other catering referrals also available upon request.
- Twisted Pony Bar, located field-side, serves brand-name spirits, boutique wines, craft beers & premium soft drinks.
- Polo Primer by USA/Newport team captain
- Use of Subscribers Enclosure & Tent for private pre-polo event or private après-polo event
- Polo Lessons
- Match Sponsorship, including naming the event in all Polo advertising and marketing, naming the team, signage at venue and team jerseys, PA announcements, award ceremony opportunities, more
- * Additional fees apply
- O2 Global offers chauffer-driven sedans, limos, party buses, executive vehicles, shuttle buses, vintage cars & other options.
- Glen Farm polo grounds are located 6 miles north of downtown Newport on Route 138/East Main Road, ten minutes by car.
- Portable toilettes are located field-side.
- Free Parking
- Beach: Sandy Point Beach is a short hike or drive from the polo fields, at the foot of Sandy Point Road.
- Glen Manor House: stately waterfront mansion on Glen Farm grounds is available for special functions. Call 401-683-4177 or visit: www.glenmanorhouse.com
- Hiking: bridle trails offer pleasant hiking to the Sakonnet seashore and Sandy Point Beach
- Historic Glen Farm barn complex is available for self-guided tours.
- Trail rides, riding lessons and polo lessons are available by calling (401) 847-7090.
Schedule & Tickets