Newport Polo's Beverage Servers are responsible for providing table service to patrons seated in the centerfield Pavilion during the public exhibition matches of the Newport International Polo Series.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Managing all aspects of beverage service for section of 7 - 10 tables;
- Check customer IDs to ensure legal age before serving;
- Assess whether a customer is intoxicated and take appropriate action;
- Take customer drink orders at table, enter order into point of sale system for bartender to prepare, then serve to customer;
- Manage customer tabs and process customer payments via cash or card using restaurant point of sale;
- Clearing tables throughout the shift;
- Provide menu recommendations to customers;
- Complete setup procedures including cleaning coolers, wine buckets, and service trays; stocking coolers with ice, water, soda, and other non-alcoholic beverages; refilling cup, straw, and napkin dispensers; cleaning work stations; preparing garnish trays;
- Complete closing procedures including clearing all tables; emptying coolers; storing unused non-alcoholic beverages, cups, straws, and napkins; storing service trays and wine buckets; cleaning work stations; entering tips;
- Must have at least one (1) year of experience providing table or counter service for food or beverages;
- Must be at least 18 years or older;
- Must have Alcohol Server Certification valid in the State of Rhode Island;
Well qualified candidates should be friendly, outgoing, committed, and punctual, with the ability to manage a high customer volume in an outdoor setting. Candidates must have strong organizational skills required to manage section, especially during peak hours. Candidates must be team players and maintain a professional disposition when interacting with customers and other team members. The position requires service-oriented individuals who are dedicated to creating an excellent customer experience.
$65/shift, plus tips
Hours & Availability
Typical hours are Saturday, 3:00PM - 8:00PM (2:00PM - 7:00PM in September). Candidates must be available June - August/September.
To apply, please complete the online application here.
Print application is available here to complete by hand and email to email@example.com, or fax to (401) 846-0200.