Newport Polo's Bartender team is responsible for providing excellent customer service to polo match attendees in several locations at the venue during the Saturday matches of the Newport International Polo Series.
Typical Responsibilities Include
- Take, prepare, and serve drink orders for walk-up customers and beverage servers;
- Check customer IDs to ensure legal age before serving;
- Assess whether a customer is intoxicated and take appropriate action;
- Prepare bar for opening; includes stocking, cleaning work stations, preparing garnish trays, and putting out signage;
- Prepare customer bills and process customer payments via cash or card using point of sale system;
- End of Day procedures, including bar restocking, cleaning work stations, entering tips;
- Minimum of 1-year bartending experience required; recent completion of a bartender training program may be considered in lieu of work experience;
- Must be at least 18 years or older;
- Must have Alcohol Server Certification valid in the State of Rhode Island;
- Thorough knowledge of classic cocktails and the ability to prepare them efficiently for guests;
Well qualified candidates should be friendly, outgoing, and committed, with the ability to work in a high-volume, outdoor environment. Candidates must be team players and maintain a professional disposition when interacting with customers and other team members. Candidates must be able to accurately prepare bills, complete credit card charges, and handle cash. The position requires service-oriented individuals who are dedicated to creating an excellent customer experience.
$100/shift, plus tips
Hours & Availability
Typical hours are Saturday, 1:30PM - 9:00PM (12:30PM - 8:00PM in September). Candidates must be available June - August/September.
To apply, please complete the online application here.
Print application is available here to complete by hand and email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to (401) 846-0200.